This week, Anna & Tarun take an in-depth look into AMMs with Guillermo Angeris, a PhD student in Stanford who co-authored a number of papers on fundamental AMM properties. They chat about how his work on Optimization Theory and Inverse Design can be applied to a DeFi context, as well as his most recent paper deals with privacy in AMMs, effectively demonstrating how superficial attempts at making a private AMM are doomed.
During the conversation, Anna, Tarun and Guillermo chat about why AMMs today are so revolutionary and unique in the financial world, and why their success can be explained by optimization theory and convexity. But AMMs also have a number of shortcomings like front-running and impermanent loss, where Guillermo’s PhD work may just help find the solution.
Here are a few links for this episode:
- Zero Knowledge Episode 153, Monsters in the Mempool with Dan Robinson
- Zero Knowledge Episode 168, Flashbots with Phil Daian and Stephane Gosseline
- Guillermo’s latest paper on the challenges of implementing private AMMs
- Guillermo and Tarun’s first paper on Uniswap and Constant Function Market Makers, formalizing their practical qualities.
- Other papers by Guillermo and Tarun analyzing the optimal fee and bonding curve of CFMMs.
- Zero Knowledge Episode 103, Exploring VDFs with Joseph Bonneau
- Guillermo’s papers on optimization problems and inverse design.
Check out the Cosmos Privacy & ZKP Showcase -> https://hopin.com/events/cosmos-privacy-zkp-showcase
And the Zero Knowledge Gitcoin Grant -> https://gitcoin.co/grants/329/zero-knowledge-podcast
Thank you to this week’s sponsor, Aave.
Aave is an open source, decentralised non-custodial liquidity protocol on Ethereum.
With Aave, users can participate as depositors meaning they provide liquidity to earn a passive income. or they can also act as borrowers to borrow in an overcollateralized way or undercollateralized way (think: one-block liquidity Flash Loan).
Aave just released an AMM Market where Uniswap and Balancer LPs can use their LP tokens as collateral. New types of collateral and AMM protocols can be added through the Aave Governance process as well.
More information on that can be found here: https://medium.com/aave/aave-amm-market-released-73ae76a7cbc0
To learn more visit aave.com to learn more
*If you like what we do: *
Follow us on Twitter - @zeroknowledgefm
Join us on Telegram
Catch us on Youtube
Read up on the r/ZKPodcast subreddit
Give us feedback! -https://forms.gle/iKMSrVtcAn6BByH6A
Support our Gitcoin Grant
Support us on the ZKPatreon
Donate through coinbase.commerce
*Or directly here: *