If you like what we do:
Follow us on Twitter - @zeroknowledgefm
Join us on Telegram - https://t.me/joinchat/B_81tQ57-ThZg8yOSx5gjA
Support us on Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/zeroknowledge
Or directly here:
In this week's episode, Anna and Fredrik dig into the topic of Merkle trees. We discuss the history of the concept, explore different kinds of Merkle trees, and touch on Radix trees & Patricia Merkle tries. We also look a bit at their usage in both Bitcoin and Ethereum.
The topic was a challenging one to explain without diagrams or visuals, so below we are sharing some resources we used in preperation for this episode. We will also be posting this on Github, please feel free to push additional links that might be relevant.
- Wikipedia definition of a Merkle Tree
- Dan Finlay's talk
- Merkle Trees explained
- Wikipedia definition of a Radix Tree
- Merkling in Ethereum
- Ethereum Modified Merkle Patricia Trie system
- Sparse Merkle Trees
- Blockchain at Berkeley: Merkle trees and Patricia Tries
- Modified Merkle Patricia Trie: How Ethereum saves a state
- Modified Merkle Patricia Trie Specification
- The Merry Merkle initiative
Let us know what you think about this episode, we would love to hear from you.