In this week's episode, Anna catches up with Tarun Chitra (Gauntlet Networks), James Prestwich (Summa) and Georgios Konstantopoulos on the last day of Devcon5 in Osaka. In this special 99th episode, we cover a broad range of topics from their Devcon take-aways, emerging ideas in the ecosystem, the latest in PoS systems, Roll-up and DeFi, to the explosion in zero knowledge research, and more.
We mention the following episodes, presentations and articles in our talk:
- James Prestwich talks Smart Contracts
- Tarun Chitra on Statistical modeling of PoS systems
- Light clients & ZKPs with Celo
- Ariah Klages-Mundt - (In)Stability for the Blockchain: Deleveraging Spirals and Stablecoin Attacks
- Designing Smart Contracts With Free Will
- Research paper: A model for Bitcoin’s security and the declining block subsidy - Hasu, Prestwich, Curtis
- On the Frontiers of Validation with Bison Trails
Thank you to this week's sponsor Trail of Bits
Trail of Bits shared their review of this year's IACR Crypto Conference on the Trail of Bits blog. They highlighted some of the major themes of the conference, including the importance of getting basic cryptographic primitives right and the ascendance of cryptographic tools for privacy-preserving computation such as Zero-knowledge proofs, secure multiparty computation, and secure messaging systems.
For more on their thoughts from the conference and what they see on the horizon in their industry, check out the blog post here: https://blog.trailofbits.com/2019/09/11/crypto-2019-takeaways/
Our very own Zero Knowledge Summit is happening on Oct 26th. Spend the day with some of the best researchers and thinkers working on Zero Knowledge topics. Get your application in to attend here: https://forms.gle/ZouC15vhTguZ5azq9
Or directly here: